Wonder! This was the Great Stone Face Award winner! Wow, this was such an amazing book. I am reading it to grade 4 and we are loving it.
Here are the nominees for 2013-2014:
- Buddy by M.H. Herlong
- Chained by Lynne Kelly
- Child of the Mountains by Marilyn Sue Shank H
- Freaky Fast Frankie Joe by Lutricia Clifton
- Ghost Knight by Cornelia Funke
- Gods and Warriors by Michelle Paver
- The Golden Door by Emily Rodda
- Horten’s Miraculous Mechanisms by Lissa Evans
- Liar and Spy by Rebecca Stead
- Little Dog, Lost by Marion Dane Bauer
- Malcolm at Midnight by W.H. Beck
- One Dog and His Boy by Eva Ibbotsen
- One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- The Power of Poppy Pendle by Natasha Lowe
- Prairie Evers by Ellen Airgood
- The Prairie Thief by Melissa Wiley
- Ship’s Cat Doris by Jane Simmons
- Ungifted by Gordon Korman
- The Vengekeep Prophecies by Brian Farrey Fantasy
- Wooden Bones by Scott William Carter
I’ve just read Little Dog, Lost and am almost finished with The Prairie Thief. Two excellent choices!
Reading Richard Byrne’s blog should be required for us tech folks! I always learn some fun nugget. Today’s is the Big Cat apps found here:
Ok so this isn’t so much about tech or even library. However, if you have bulletin boards to create, you might be interested in this post.
There is a gal in England who runs courses every month or so for a very low fee to teach how to create classroom displays. Her link is here: http://classroomdisplays.org.uk/training/ I am almost done, in the 4th of the five weeks, and although I am no whiz bang, I have learned quite a bit. One source she recommends for nice lettering is Mrs. Pancake. These are so low cost and such nice quality that it is worth mentioning!
It’s time again for our annual Monster Project! My kids loved this last year…and why not? They get to learn and create a crazy monster at the same time! This is the web site for the activity: http://monsterproject.wikispaces.com/Welcome
Here are the helpful hints: http://monsterproject.wikispaces.com/Helpful+Hints
Here is an example of how this works!
I looked all over the web for these directions and couldn’t find any. Maybe everyone else already knows how to do this! Anyhow, here are the directions!
pictorial directions ladybug