A 5th grade teacher and I decided to post our expectations for blogging and for emails to epals. They are:
1. Use Spell Check.
2. Capitalize the beginning of sentences, names, and places.
3. Use punctuation at the end of every sentence.
4. Use details to help the reader see a picture of my thinking.
5. Use a minimum of four sentences to express my ideas and answer questions.
6. Ask thoughtful questions of my reader.
7. Respond respectfully to comments.
8. Always write in a way that brings respect and honor to my school, my family, and myself.
We created posters to be laminated and posted wherever kids may be on the computer. Special thanks to Mark Ahlness for #8.